With 2012 and 2013 a big transition time for OHS, getting your Certificate IV in OHS will help you in your career.
With the recent enactment of the Work Health and Safety Act in any Australian States, people with new OHS (WHS) qualifications are now the most highly sought after. The new Cert IV in WHS (equivalent to the now superseded Cert IV in OHS) is an essential step for your job prospects and confidence around OHS .
Some of the benefits of our OHS qualifications include:
- Making a positive change to your life now with instant access
- Creating the best job opportunities for you – with the course that is the future of OHS (WHS) employment
- Boosting your CV with the bonus online training to the value of $200
- Choosing what’s best for you: accelerated Face-to-Face training or online (distance) learning
- When do you want to start your new job? Pace your training to suit your career goals
- Recognising your existing knowledge and skills and credit them to the course…fast-tracking your qualification
- Taking your career where ever you want it to go – Government accredited/recognised in all States.
Start your BSB41412 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
This qualification is the most sought after for safety advisors in Australia. It is the minimum qualification for WorkCover inspectors to hold and covers all aspects of monitoring a Safety Management System based on AS/NZ4801 / 4904. All the activities give the participants real life exposure to handling WHS issues with reference to current legislation and best practice applications.
BSB41412 Certificate IV in WHS from $1,297
View Dates for Your City
Online (Distance) Course
- Ideal for people working outside of capital cities
- Ideal for those looking to travel with their career
Course plus $200 of bonus
online training included
Face-to-Face 5-Day Course
- Accelerated 5-day program
- Advance your career quickly
Face-to-Face Early Bird*
(Advance purchase/no date changes
permitted/$200 additional online
* Early bird prices are available up to 3 weeks before course start date.
(advance purchase/date changes
permitted/$200 additional online
Watch this video to see why you need to start your BSB41412 Certificate IV in WHS Now
Why Choose AlertForce?
AlertForce are ISO-9001 accredited training organisation. We have been pioneering online training courses in Australia since 2008. We’ve helped literally 1000′s of businesses like yours to comply with various types of upskilling. The OHS Certificate IV course is nationally recognised and is available for delivery by distance.
This qualification is the most sought after for Safety Advisors in Australia. It is the minimal qualification for WorkCover Inspectors to hold, and covers all aspects of monitoring a Safety Management System based on AS/NZ4801 / 4904. All the activities give participants real life exposure to handling WHS issues with reference to current legislation and best practice applications.
How long does it take?
Once you sign up for the course, materials are posted out to you. You have 12 months access to complete the training by distance. The knowledge you will gain in this qualification course is extensive – 75 hours is the minimum amount of time you will need to devote to the training.
What’s included in the BSB41412 Certificate IV in WHS?
The following core units need to be completed plus you’ll get $200 bonus of online training. All are included in the $1397 qualification
- BSBWHS402A Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403A Contribute to implementing/maintaining WHS consultation & participation processes
- BSBWHS404A Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405A Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406A Assist with responding to incidents
- Elective Units
- BSBWHS302A Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
- BSBWHS407A Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- BSBRES401A Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS410A Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- BSBWHS401A Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Good deal? Our happy clients think so… Get a quote to get started.
Do I have to pay again if I fail?
No. Our trainers will spend the necessary time to ensure that your staff are competent. Sometimes this can mean follow up and revisiting the issues.
What types of opportunities are available once I have my Cert IV WHS/OHS?
Graduates with this qualification are keenly sought after for Safety Advisor positions. Graduates generally begin without previous experience on a 50K package, and with experience up to 100K. Several graduates in the Heavy Industry and Mining industries are earning up to 200K and beyond.
How does the Work Health and Safety Act change these opportunities?
Under the WHS Act (OHS Harmonisation) PCBUs and their Officers must exercise Due Diligence for managing Safety, and graduates with a Certificate IV in OHS will assist in keeping them advised of their legislative, administrative and safety responsibilities. The OHS Manager will assist management in the Risk Management activities of the organization.
What other courses would you recommend?
Graduates would be advised to get the WorkCover Return to Work Coordinator course to assist in their role as this will involve Injury Management Duties. Practical courses such as Manual Handling, Handling Hazardous Materials and First Aid Certificate are essential to be relevant as a Safety Advisor. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment can also enhance your employability value.
Can I start immediately?
Yes. You can register and we’ll quickly post you out the materials.