A spokesperson for the police stated that the man was run over by the loader in a carpark, around noon The machine was being used to do work at parkland near a shopping centre, where the man was hit. The man was taken to hospital with severe injuries but the situation did not initially seem to be life threatening.
WorkSafe has sent inspectors to investigate the cause of the accident, and to interview witnesses of incident.WorkSafe WA commissioner stated that any work-related death is tragic, and he offered his condolences to the man’s family.
The circumstances are still unclear, therefore investigations by WorkSafe will continue.
More information on occupational health and safety
- WorkSafe gets Kudos for Occupational Health and Safety Ruling.
- WorkSafe Releases Data On Occupational Health and Safety Claims
- Occupational Health and Safety: WorkSafe Chief Exec Announces Resignation
- Occupational Health And Safety: WorkSafe Investigates Sweet Sweeper Death
- Occupational Health and Safety: Canberra Construction Death Investigated