asbestos removal training

After a contractor falling through the Royal Adelaide Hospital ceiling, a patient was forced to relocate because of asbestos concerns.

The contractor reportedly fell through the ceiling and into the pantry room which is connected to the orthopaedics ward. While the ward experienced no disruptions, a patient in a room near to the pantry was shifted to a bed further away.

The room will remain sealed off until the asbestos is removed. The contractor was taken to the hospital in order to determine the severity of his injuries.

Upon discovery of the asbestos in the ceiling area, the hospital staff immediately implemented standard asbestos safety measures and restricted access to the area.

Air testing devices were used to ensure the air quality was at a safe and risk-free level for patients and staff alike.Luckily the sub-contractor suffered and was treated by the Emergency Department for only minor injuries. Safework SA has been informed of the incident.

More info on Asbestos Training

Source:  http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/asbestos-scare-at-royal-adelaide-hospital/story-e6frea6u-1226458930290