The worker was operating a cherry picker machine at an Altona North factory when the accident occurred.
Upon the arrival of paramedics, it was discovered that the worker’s coworkers were performing CPR on him, which is thought to have saved his life.
The coworkers discovered him, released him and removed him from the area which was contaminated with asbestos.
The man received a collapsed lung which required the paramedics to insert a large needed into his chest. This act cleared the trapped air and blood and allowed his lungs to inflate.
CPR and First-Aid continued while adrenaline was given to stimulate his heart.He remains in the hospital in critical ,but stable condition.
Click for more information on First Aid Training
Latest OHS news
What Participants Say
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”