Electrical Safety: Coroner Calls For Safety Improvements Following Electrocution
In 2011, Daniel Paul Morris, 23, was resting on a metal hopper while welding at a Townsville Ridley Agproduce site when he was electrocuted.
The investigation into his untimely death revealed that he was left unsupervised for majority of the time, and welding was curiously not a part of his job description. The coroner also revealed that even though the welding machine had no faults, the humid weather conditions might have led to the perspiration of Morris, leading to his electrocution.
The coroner recommended extra safety precautions when operating a welding machine in humid conditions and recommended workplace health and safety reopen an investigation whether Ridley should be prosecuted for negligence.
More info on Electrical Safety
View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”