Electrical Safety: Insulation Inquest Reveals A Lack of Training
The court was informed that newly-hired carpentry apprentice Ruben Barnes, 16, had been employed by Arrow Maintenance for under a month when he was electrocuted at a Rockhampton home in 2009.
The corner informed the court that the teen had not received any insulation training and no induction, and co-workers had not been trained in first-aid treatment for electric shock.
The apprentice was one of three individuals who died in Queensland as a result of home insulation safety errors.
A month prior, Mathew Fuller, 25, also suffered electrocution at Logan, while Mitchell Sweeney, 22, died in north QLD in early 2010.
The inquest will look into 11 safety issues such as why it was not mandatory to cut off or isolate any power during installation jobs.
More info on Electrical Safety
Latest OHS news
What Participants Say
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”