Electrical Safety:WorkCover To Investigate Electrocuted Employee
At approximately 10:30am, the 47-year old man suffered the electric shock was working on the electricity network at Pacific Palms.
Ambulance crews reached the site and attempted first-aid but efforts were unsuccessful.
“Our employee was an electrical worker based at Bulahdelah depot. Our deepest condolences are with the family, loved ones and work mates of our employee,” an Essential Energy representative said on Monday afternoon.
“Essential Energy’s priority is to do everything we can to make sure our employee’s family, loved ones and work mates are supported during this difficult time.”
Essential Energy is working in collaboration with the NSW Police and WorkCover to find a cause of the accident.
As a result of the accident, approximately 300 customers in the Pacific Palms area experienced interruptions with their service.
“WorkCover investigators are attending the scene of the incident and we will restore supply once WorkCover gives us clearance to do so.
“An estimated time of restoration is not available at the moment. We appreciate our customers’ understanding.”
More info on Electrical Safety Training
View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”