electrical safety coursesThe electrocution of a Gold Coast insulation worker has resulted in fining of his employers. Titan Insulations has pleaded guilty for failing to provide a safe work environment that adhered to electrical safety requirements.

The magistrate has since ordered the company to pay 100 thousand dollars in fines within the next 2 years. The magistrate Paul Cluck said that despite the company efforts to enroll its staff in electrical safety training—they failed in ensuring that their staff did not use metal staples.

Two directors of Titan Insulations had been formally charged with failing to comply with the Electrical Safety Act. However, these charges have been dismissed.

Families of the deceased have stated their approval of the verdict.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-30/charges-dropped-over-insulation-electrocution/2862714