Fire Safety:Fire at Construction Site Causes Toxic Smoke
The fire occurred on the two highest levels of the seven story building. Approximately seven fire crews were needed to help extinguish the fire. The fire is believed to have burned through polystyrene materials.
The fire allegedly ignited as a result of sparks from a welder which came in contact with electrical wiring of an office tower.Luckily, the 40 firefighters eventually got the fire under control without any serious injuries.
Fire Brigade Commander Lou Mele stated that workers had to use extinguishers for the Fire Safety incident since water to the site was shut off.A workman is being treated for smoke inhalation.
View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”