View Training Dates for Your City

Filter By

  • No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements

Safe Work Australia has reported that the number of Australians killed while working has risen sharply, with 16 work-related fatalities reported to the state & territory safety regulators in June, up from 13 in May. Five of the 16 deaths involved vehicle incidents on public roads, 3 workers died after being trapped in machinery, 3 were fatally struck by moving objects (other than vehicles) and 2 were killed by falling objects.

a collapse of a tower crane boom at the new National Art Gallery site on 30 Sep 13, a collapse of scaffolds at a multi-storey factory in Toa Payoh on 2 Oct 13 & a dangerous occurrence with the toppling of a crawler crane at Defu Lane on 8 Oct 2013. Eight workers were killed in the months of Sep & Oct 2013. The total number of construction fatalities reported now stands at 27 (Jan-Oct), 1 more compared to the total number of construction deaths seen for the whole of 2012.

The Singapore regulator provides motivation for effective fatality prevention programs reporting that:

  • In 2008-2009, the economic cost of injuries & illness in Australia’s construction sector was A$ 6.4 billion, equivalent to 23.2% of operating profit before tax of A$27.6 billion. The Nicoll Highway collapse in 2004 saw insurance claims amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars.
  • In Singapore average insured incident costs accounted for 0.15%, average uninsured accident costs of 0.1% & average total accident costs 0.25% of the contract sum of a construction project.
  • Consequences of economic losses due to construction incidents include: Direct costs including payments for hospital, physician & allied services. Indirect costs refer to victim productivity losses, employer productivity losses & administrative cost associated with an incident; Quality of life costs including the value attributed to the pain and suffering of victims & their families

How effective are your fatality prevention programs?

Article by: Julie Armour – www.WorkingArmour.com.au

Latest OHS news

Are You Following Forklift Safety Protocols? Common Forklift Safety Hazards to Avoid

Workplace hazards involving forklifts can lead to serious injuries and even fatalities if not properly addressed. It’s crucial for all forklift operators to receive thorough training to ensure t...

Read more

Where Can You Find Working at Heights Permit?

You may be wondering where to find accurate and reliable information on working at heights permits. Understanding the Australian regulations and requirements for working at heights is crucial to...

Read more

10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Silica Training

Silica, or silicon dioxide, is a mineral that occurs naturally and is widely distributed. It forms the main component of rocks and soils. Silicon dioxide is available in crystalline and non-c...

Read more

Top Manual Handling Techniques: A Comprehensive Guide

Considering the recent rise in workplace injuries due to improper manual handling methods, understanding proper manual handling techniques has never been more important. It doesn't matter if you...

Read more

Testimonials

“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”

Queensland Rail

“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”

Leighton Contractors

” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”

Participant Public Course

“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”

Visionstream

“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”

Servicestream

“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer,  knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”

DHS

“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”

AFMA.gov.au

“The Trainer was very engaging”

Fair Work Commission

“Interesting, informative, relevant.”

Airservices Australia

Payments & Security

Awards & Accreditations

Make an Enquiry:

Google Rating
4.5
Total Rating 4.5 out of 5 based on 711 reviews
×