View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
Workplace bullying – behaviours supervisors need to watch
What are some examples of bullying behaviour, or workplace harassment?
Bullying behaviour can be obvious and aggressive. Examples could include:
- Abusive, insulting or offensive language;
- Behaviour or language that frightens, humiliates, belittles or degrades, including criticism that is delivered with yelling and screaming;
- Teasing or regularly making someone the brunt of practical jokes;
- Displaying material that is degrading or offending;
- Spreading gossip, rumours and innuendo of a malicious nature.
- Violence, assault and stalking are extreme forms of bullying that constitute a criminal offence. Such behaviour should be reported directly to the police. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Harmful or offensive initiation practices;
- Physical assault or unlawful threats.
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”