How to improve your fatigue management?
THE EFFECTS OF FATIGUE
We have defined fatigue as ‘loss of alertness, drowsy driving and falling sleep at the wheel’. It is certainly all of these things and more.
Loss of alertness
Falling asleep at the wheel
WHAT CAUSES FATIGUE?
The main causes of fatigue are:
1. Body Clock Factors. Working when you would normally be asleep. Sleeping when you would normally be awake. This is a problem with many shift workers in factories and transport depots.
2. Sleep Factors Getting less than normal sleep due to a sick child, worry or an uncomfortable environment results in getting little or poor quality sleep.
3. Work Factors Working very long hours or an extended timeframe with little time to recover causes fatigue.
4. Health Factors Medical sleep problems such a trying to sleep with a broken leg or having a digestive tract problem that requires you to visit the toilet many times a night could be a factor. Other factors could include lifestyle issues such as excessive eating of fatty food or gluttony.
View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”