Welcome to the Licence for operating a forklift truck (LF). This is a nationally recognised training and assessment in Canberra.
If you live in Canberra and/or do the majority of your work within the ACT, you can apply for Training Fund Authority funding. If you meet the criteria, there is a substantial savings.
AlertForce (RTO 91826) is the training provider
Location: Unit 2, 42-44 Essington St Mitchell ACT 2911
Course length: 2 days
Time: 8.30am – 4.30pm
Top Facts About Licence to Operate a forklift Truck in Canberra ACT
Warehouse workers are often required to operate heavy machinery every day. Warehouse workers rely on a forklift truck to help them get their work done. It can be dangerous and very important. The Australian Capital Territory (ACT), requires that anyone operating or controlling a forklift truck on public land must have the proper licence. Otherwise, they could face penalties and fines.
Anyone who works with a forklift has to be aware of the dangers and risks involved. This course is designed to teach you about the risks involved and how to stay safe. This course will also help you obtain your forklift license.
You must first be trained in forklift operation and get your Statement of Attainment from TLILIC0003 before you can begin work. You can do that by taking the College of Warehousing face-to-face course in Mitchell
This training is nationally recognised and includes:
Upon successful completion, you will receive a Statement Of Attainment
– Once all documentation has been verified and you have been deemed competent by an assessor, a Physical Wallet ID Card can also be issued. (See the ‘John Citizen’ sample).
– Training provided by AlertForce RTO code 91826 and a Licenced Hi Risk Work Assessor
This program includes training and assessment for three components of the LF-level forklift class license. They are all based on the TLILIC0003 unit of competency standard or an equivalent. These are the three verifications of competence:
- Knowledge or theoretical component (tested online with a mixture of critical and non-critical questions)
- Calculations component (tested online with all required to be answered correctly)
- Performance component (practical with the access to the relevant workplace plant or equipment
The Mandated National Assessment Instruments’ (NAI) intent is used to determine the assessment. It is important to remember that this training and assessment will not teach you how to apply for or operate a High Risk Work Licence (HRWL), nor does it provide a Nationally Recognised Statement Of Attainment. This training & assessment is only for VOC purposes. You must attend an in-person training with an RTO or Trainer to be eligible for initial accreditation and high risk licensing for LF classes.
This course evaluates your knowledge, calculations, and performance components of License to operate a forklift (LF).
- Prepare for the task/work
- Get ready for the task/work
- Perform work/task
- Take a bag
THIS COURSE IS NATIONALLY RECOMMENDED.
Here’s a list of areas that were covered in the course assessment.
- All work must be confirmed in order to confirm that the work/task requirements are met according to workplace procedures
- Selecting the right method to select a forklift truck
- Correctly assessing work areas
- Traffic Management Plan in Place
- Tests are conducted to determine the most appropriate communication methods.
- Follow procedures
- With the appropriate personnel, we will identify the most suitable communication method.
- Inspect and check the working area for compliance with procedures
- Put in place risk control measures
- The log book forklifts is being inspected
- Pre-start checks put in place
- Before the forklift truck is put into operation, it and safety equipment that allows workers at height are visually inspected for damage.
- To ensure compliance, the platform’s weight and position are evaluated.
- During forklift truck moving, the path and/or load/s of forklift trucks are constantly monitored
- Take a look at loads of forklifts
- Safe work procedures are used to address unplanned or unsafe situations
- The safe work procedure for the forklift truck is to be shut down according to manufacturer specifications.
- Unauthorized access to the forklift truck is prevented
- To enrol in eg, you must provide 100 pieces of identification Passport, Medicare, Drivers Licence
This training can be used as evidence for a Forklift Licence.
If your license has expired and you plan to continue working, we recommend you renew it with your State Regulator as soon as possible.
Need help?1800 900 222
Call us now - we're happy to assist!