Top 5 Most Common Workplace Accidents
Every business should try to the best of their ability to ensure the safety and security of their employees. It is one of the most important aspects of business to be certain that their workers are healthy and safe.
Getting injured at work happens more often than we would like though. There are some casues of injury that can’t be controlled, there are some which can be controlled and there are some which can be prevented through training, awareness and education. The most common workplace injuries probably won’t come as a surprise for you, they are sprains, tears and muscle injuries. They were ranking in at 38% of the injuries which are most commonly found in the workplace worldwide.
This was true of nearly every type of workplace. It surprises most people that workplaces may vary but in nearly every workplace in the world the injuries are the same. This includes all types of workplaces from the construction industry to office environments. The main injuries that are found in the office and elsewhere include:
- Over-exertion in lifting or lowering packages resulting in back injury accounted for more than 20% of all workplace injuries
- Falls from the same level as you were standing accounted for 12 percent of the workplace injuries
- Slips and trips without any kind of a fall resulting in sprains such as foot, hands, neck or arm were responsible for about 7 percent of workplace injuries.
- Workplace violence, fights or other kinds of interaction were about 4 percent of workplace injuries.
- Falls to a level lower than that on which the worker was standing was responsible for about 3 percent of workplace injuries.
Most of these injuries, may have been preventable with the right kind of training and knowledge about the workplace environment, paying attention to safety signage, wearing more appropriate footwear or clothing but human error will always be present no matter how hard we try to make a perfectly safe work environment.
Latest OHS news
What Participants Say
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”