View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
As you all know, dangerous goods are those goods that could cause immediate harm to people, property or the environment and many of you have probably seen at least on the news just how much harm these goods can cause if they are not handled properly. So, please keep those images in your mind while we explain why you need dangerous goods training.
1. Probably the most important in dangerous goods training is that this training covers the proper, packing, storing, handling, and transportation of dangerous goods to help ensure that these goods do not pose a threat to your workers, your business, or the general public. It is not only your company’s legal obligation to ensure the safe handling and transportation of these goods but, it is also the moral responsibility of everyone who works with these goods to ensure that they are handled and transported in such a way as to prevent risk or at least minimize it for the sake of everyone.
2. Dangerous Goods Training makes it clear who is responsible for the safe handling and shipping of these goods and what the liability is to each person who has an obligation to ensure that these materials or products are packed, handled, and transported in such a way as to prevent accidents. By making sure that everyone recognizes their obligations and are aware of the penalties for failing to take those obligations seriously will help employees and managers alike to be more of aware of the risks associated with this type of work and hopefully make them more likely to follow all safety procedures to the letter.
3. Dangerous goods training also helps everyone who has an obligation to see to the proper handling of these goods know exactly what to do to prevent and control hazards. How to pack and mark containers and who to report problems or breeches in procedure too. By having everyone concerned with the handling of dangerous goods understand what preventive measures are necessary you provide a in house check system to help ensure that every container containing dangerous goods is handled and marked properly which further reduces the chances of an accident occurring.
4. Dangerous goods training also will help managers and other officers of your company understand exactly what you need to do in excising due diligence when instructing, training, and supervising workers who handle dangerous goods as well as the type of documentation you will need to keep on file to help limit your liability in case an accident should occur.
5. Dangerous goods training will also help you to realize how complying with OHS guidelines and laws can not only benefit your business but, your employees and the public at large by providing a safer environment for everyone. This training will also make you aware of the high cost of failing to comply with the OHS guidelines both in terms of your business and in terms of personal liability.
Dangerous goods training may be required by law but its true purpose is to provide you and your company with the valuable information you and employees need to run a safer and more profitable business.
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”