5 Reasons You Need An Owner Builder Training Course
If you have a dream of building a new home or renovating your existing home and want to do some of the work yourself then you are going to need to do a home builder course if the estimated work on your home is valued at $12,000 or more.
Here are 5 reasons why you need to take an approved Owner builder course.
1. The first and most important reason why you need an owner builder trainer course and probably the only reason that is important to you at this point is the fact that this course is required by law for anyone who wants to do their own building or renovation. Without an approved course you won’t be able to apply and qualify for the necessary licensing you need to be able to work on your own home.
2. Construction sites are in many ways built in accident zones, even if you take every precaution possible and follow all the rules and guidelines to the letter an accident can still happen. By taking an owner builder training course you will not only learn what insurance is mandatory for you to carry to protect all those who may be working on your site, but your training should also inform you of other insurances that are available and recommended to protect you and your helpers should an accident occur.
3. Building and renovating homes are costly undertakings when you consider the price of materials, the cost of hiring plumbers and electricians, hiring those extra hands to help with the building itself and all the other incidental costs. Taking an owner builder training course can help save you money by offering tips on how to buy materials cheaper and by saving you from making mistakes that could prove to be costly.
4. Taking an owner builder training course will teach you how to supervise those workers working under your guidance so that you don’t end up paying those workers for time that they are not working. Knowing how to supervise those working under you properly can shave thousands of your final building cost and help you to keep your construction going forward in a timely manner.
5. If you are a first time builder taking an owner builder training course will give you the knowledge and the confidence to tackle and oversee your building project from start to finish with less stress and worry that you may think is possible. That knowledge and confidence is something you are going to need to use time and time again to solve those problems that crop up on every building project.
An owner builder training course will give you all the necessary tools you need to not only comply with the laws regarding building or renovating your own home but, also the tools and confidence you need to turn your dream into a reality. This training will help you to build a home you can truly be proud of both now and in the future.
View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”