5 Reasons Why You Need Confined Space Training
There are many extremely dangerous jobs that individuals perform on a daily basis but, working in a confined space may be one of the most dangerous jobs that there is. Those who work in confined spaces do their jobs in places not meant to be inhabited by humans even for a limited amount of time.
Here are 5 reasons that confined space training is so important:
1. Confined space training helps workers understand what constitutes a confined space as well as increases awareness of the hazards that one can expect to find in a confined space. Increasing awareness to the dangers of confined spaces makes workers more alert to these dangers and results in them exercising increased caution, which results in fewer injuries, and more lives saved.
2. Confined space training discusses the importance of atmosphere testing and how such testing can better help workers prepare to enter a confined space and what equipment they will need to work safely in that environment. The more information a worker has before entering that confined space the more likely a worker will be to get in, perform the necessary and work to get back out of that confined space safely.
3. Confined Space training will also help managers and companies determine the risks associated with a specific type of confined space. This will help them to make decisions in regards to the type of equipment necessary to ensure the safety of their worker as well as allow them to put into place emergency procedures that could save a life should an accident occur. It also allows them to develop a system of checks in order to help monitor the situation when workers are working in a confined space.
4. Those in charge of those workers that enter confined spaces need to know their obligations in regards to ensuring a workers safety. Confined space training will discuss both the legal obligations that a company must shoulder in terms of seeing that all those working in confined spaces have the proper qualifications and certificates that are needed before any worker works in this type of situation.
5. Confined space training should not just be taken by businesses but farm workers too who may have to enter silos and other confined spaces on their farm and can benefit greatly from knowing the safest way to enter and exit these places and how to protect themselves while working inside this type of environment. Your family depends on you and keeping yourself safe is one way of protecting your family.
Knowing what to do and how to do it when faced with a situation will help to avert panic and allow your training to take over which could save you from serious injury and may even save your life. Knowing what to do before you enter a confined space, what to watch for while you are in that confined space and how to get out safely will ensure that you will be free to complete the job at hand without undo worry about your safety.
Latest OHS news
What Participants Say
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”