View Training Dates for Your City
- No scheduled courses - please call us to discuss your requirements
Occupational health and Safety training courses are designed to help managers and workers better understand OHS legislation and learn strategies and techniques for the implementation of procedures that help to insure a safer work environment.
Here are 5 reasons why you and your employees need Occupational health and safety training.
1. Workplace injuries are a serious concern and in most cases can be avoided. OHS training can provide companies, their officers and managers, and the employees themselves with the training necessary to identify potential hazards and risks and provide helpful tips on how to eliminate or at least minimize those hazards in order to create a safer work environment for all employees. A workplace hazard can lower worker morale, result in work stoppage and open a company to all kinds of fines and penalties OHS training will help you to understand your responsibility and identify ways to insure that your company takes those responsibilities seriously.
2. While providing a safe work environment is the responsibility of the company, workers need to understand that there are things that they can do to help keep themselves and their coworkers safe. Occupational Health and safety training for employees will teach them ways to help increase the safety of their own environment and give them the training they need to act in a safe and responsible manner thereby decreasing their chances for injury.
3. OHS laws are designed to provide workers with a safer work environment, companies and individuals who neglect or ignore these laws are leaving their businesses open to work stoppages, criminal charges, huge fines and penalties all of which can result in your business having to close it’s doors. Occupational health and safety training helps you to identify safety issues within your company and gives you strategies and tools with which to help you resolve or minimize those safety issues and keep you in compliance with all laws and regulations.
4. Insuring that all employees have the proper OHS training that directly relates to their job helps reduce the company’s liability should an accident occur. By seeing that the employee has passed their OHS training and keeping a copy of the training certificate in an employees file an employee cannot later claim that they did not have proper training for their job. This can reduce your risk of liability should an employee not follow proper procedure which may save your company a great deal in terms of fines and other penalties.
5. The safer a work environment, the more efficiently a company can run and the better your employee morale will be. OHS training is geared towards helping you and your company insure that the work environment is safe by offering a variety of training courses that doesn’t just tell you the law and your responsibilities under the law but, gives you helpful tips on how to increase safety in the work environment resulting in a more positive work place for everyone and bigger company profits.
When it comes to providing a safe working environment there really is no substitute for proper training and knowledge. Occupational Health and Safety training gives you the knowledge and the tools to provide a safe work environment for all.
Latest OHS news
“In over 20 years of training, this was one of the best courses I’ve ever attended.”
“Great! The instructor made it interesting and enjoyable”
” We heard that AlertForce delivers one of the best courses around so the boss decided to send me to Australia from New Zealand.”
“I liked the trainer’s positive outlook and uplifting approach towards completing the long day.”
“Very competent training course. Trainer was very knowledgeable on subject.”
“AlertForce provided an excellent trainer, knowledgeable on the topic and allowed for active questioning.”
“Informative and concise training delivered at the right pace.”
“The Trainer was very engaging”
“Interesting, informative, relevant.”